Ethics Law and Diversity for PR

Ethics Law and Diversity for PR

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yesterday in class we began to read part of The Tipping Point. Dr. Lambiase mentioned that there are tipping points in many different situations, even relationships.

On Thursday I came to a tipping point and almost ruined everything between me and this guy I've been sort of dating because of something I said.

Like we had discussed in class, the tipping point came as a result of a bunch of little things said, not one huge factor.

Once I realized that what I had previously said sounded like an ultimatum I quickly restated what I meant and everything turned out okay.

As PR professionals, we must watch what we say and how we say it. Things can be (and are often) taken the wrong way. I know I have a problem of sometimes saying things that I think sound right to me only to have it blow up in my face.

I'm hopping that after reading The Tipping Point, I'll be able to easily recognize the small red flags and turn potentially bad situations into good ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home